Thursday, June 14, 2007

China's virtual plans are out of this world - WebWatch - Breaking Business and Technology News at silicon.com

A virtual world to be set up in China could provide for as many as 10,000 jobs, its backers have predicted. Sweden-based Entropia Universe has been chosen to create a cash-based virtual economy for China in collaboration with Chinese online entertainment company Cyber Recreation Development (CRD). CRD is supported by the Beijing Municipal People's Government, and Entropia Universe - managed by Swedish company Mindark - predicts it will generate more than $1bn annually from the partnership with CRD.
Aside from creating jobs environmental benefits were an important consideration for the project - the more people working from home inside Entropia Universe the less pollution is generated by people commuting to work.
The collaboration will allow the Entropia Universe to support up to seven million concurrent users, with an overall aim of attracting roughly 150 million users from all over the world. The ability to grow under
the protective umbrella of Beijing will give Entropia a strong advantage in the Chinese market.
At the moment, the Entropia Universe lies on one planet called Calypso - which encompasses two continents with large expanding cities that offer a variety of entertainment and social interaction for citizens. Entropia Universe hopes this agreement with China will generate hundreds of new planets and open up space for travel between them.

2 comments:

adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is